Thursday, May 10, 2012

Trail tromping with the small Sony





I went trail tromping yesterday with the small Sony Nex5n camera and 24mm lens to see how it might work on vacation. I encountered oak trees and golfers. I put the camera through its paces.  These two shots are what sony calls "HDR", which takes three pictures at once and blends them to get all the highlights and shadows into the frame.  The Nex5n will shoot ten frames per second so this HDR is child's play for it.

I rather like the capability, given the right circumstance: extreme lighting conditions.  I had that yesterday.  It tamed the bright sky in both pictures and left detail in the shadows if you want it.

It has a kind of quirky grey tonal scale which can remind one of large format contact prints if you want that look.


No comments:

Search This Blog